Sunday, July 6, 2008

Twirly Skirts Pattern

Several people have asked me about my pattern for the twirly skirts. I usually direct them to Ruth's Blog @ http://sewchic.blogspot.com/ to take a look at her pattern but my pattern is for smaller girls in the 5-8 size range so it might be helpful to see this pattern, too.

This is a picture of the pattern. I placed it on my 1" gridded cutting board so you could get an idea of the measurements. You might be able to see where I shortened it by about 1" at the top. It seemed to be a little too long above the flare. The smaller one is for my 5 yo DGD and the larger one is for my 7 yo DGD. It's an evolving pattern! I serged the elastic on for the waistband then turned it over and top stitched it.

Oh and I cut the pattern out of the soil separator from Lowes/Home Depot.

1 comment:

mom2fivekiddos said...

Where can I get the measurements for the pattern, and can I get a copy of the pattern (ie. is it in Adobe?)
Thanks!
Kristin (mom2fourkiddos)